Meet The Staff
Dr Pierre Viviers
- Senior Director: Dr Pierre Viviers
Dr Viviers obtained his medical degree at Free State University. He finished his Masters degree in Sports Medicine at University of Pretoria. Dr Viviers started working as a medical practitioner and Head of the Student Health Services in 2002 and has built it into Campus Health Service. Academically he is involved as an invitational lecturer to pre-graduate physiological science students and post-graduate biokinetics students. He has also been a presenter at both local and international sports medicine conferences. In 2009, he was promoted to Senior Director of Campus Health Service of the University. Dr Viviers is also new Residence Head of Eendrag Men’s Residence Dr Viviers is married and has two daughters. He has also been team physician to Maties Rugby, WP Rugby and SA Rugby since 2003.
Dr Lynne Julie
Dr Lynne Julie
Dr Julie obtained her medical degree at Stellenbosch University. She then worked in Pretoria and Knysna before returning to Cape Town in 2008. She is currently working towards obtaining a Diploma in Family Medicine.
- Her main focuses at CHS is Family Medicine.
- Her hobbies include reading, watching sports (live and televised), listening to good music and travelling.
Dr Jo-Anne Kirby
- Dr Jo-Anne Kirby
- Dr Kirby obtained her medical degree at the University of Stellenbosch in 2003 and completed her Master of Science in Sports Medicine at the University of Pretoria in 2009.
- She is passionate about Sports Medicine and making it accessible to recreational sportsmen/woman
- A pet topic is doping in sports.
- Her main focus at CHS is Sports Medicine.
- She is married to Rodney (a marketing lecturer) and they love gardening, hiking, camping, jogging and anything outdoors as well as ballroom and Latin dancing.
Dr Craig Thompson
- Dr Craig Thompson
- Dr Thompson qualified as a medical doctor in 1992, with a further qualification in Sports Medicine in 2008. He is also obtained certification in Travel Medicine.
- As a sports physician, he has worked with numerous South African provincial and national teams, more lately as team doctor for Western Province rugby.
- His main focus at CHS is Health Promotion & Preventative Medicine.
- He enjoys all sports and currently plays recreational golf. His other pastimes include reading, listening to music and dancing.
- Dr Thompson is married and has 2 children.
Sr Lesley Moolow
- Sr Lesley Moolow
- Lesley-Ann Moolow qualified as a registered nurse in 1993 at Tygerberg Hospital. She then worked at Tygerberg for 2 years and then moved to Knysna in 1995 where she worked and lived until 2008.
- She worked at Paarl Mediclinic in their maternity and gynaecological unit from 2008 until 2010. Sr Moolow joined the CHS team in April 2010.
- She has one son and enjoys spending time outdoors especially at the beach.
Sr Rukshana Adams
Sr Rukshana Adams
Sr Adams graduated as a registered nurse in 2000. Worked at Tygerberg hospital for 2 years and worked and lived abroad for 5 years where she also completed Post graduate Nursing management/administration.
- In 2008 she joined the CHs team and went abroad again in 2010. However, job satisfaction was not complete as she missed the student community and re-joined CHS in 2011 where she also managed to complete her Master’s degree. She can also be contacted for any voluntary male circumcision enquiries.
- She loves gardening and outdoor activities, but mostly spending quality time with her husband and daughter.
Marissa Groenewald – Finance Officer
Marissa studied fashion designing for two years after school. After graduation she moved to Paarl and worked for Mariza van Zyl (Dietetic advisor for Woolworths) and Physiotherapist Annelie Beyers.
- After a year she was offered a position as receptionist and debtor’s officer at Dr Miempie Esterhuizen’s gynaecology practice, in Panorama. She studied part time obtaining her N6 Diploma in Marketing Management and also successfully obtained her NQF level 4 diploma in Financial Management in 2014.
- Marissa loves camping, is married and has 2 boys.
- Michelle Stubbs – Finance Clerk
- Michelle loves working with young adults and has an absolute love of nature.
- She loves their family pets: a dog, parakeet, cat and a fish!
- Michelle is married and has two children
- Cecil Adams - Admin Assistant / Patient Transport
- Cecil has been working for the University for 20 years and was previously with the Sport Bureau.
- He has a huge love for rugby and coached the Matie Junior Teams.
- Cecil is married and has 2 children.
- Esther Macikiciki – Assistant
- Esther has been with CHS for 5 years and is a native of the Eastern Cape. Her Xhosa name is Zikhona and it means “the daughter I’ve been waiting for”
- She is currently completing her Matric Certificate through the ABET program of the University.
- She loves singing and reading
- She has two children.
Laetitia Norval – Receptionist (Tygerberg)
- Laetitia Norval
- Laetitia has been with CHS since its inception as Student Health Service and works at the Tygerberg clinic
- Laetitia is married and has a daughter. They love their dog, Coco, who is the second child in the family.
- Jeandre Viljoen - Technical Assistant
- Jeandre joined the CHS team in January 2015 and his main portolio is assisting in the research of all CHS areas.